Thursday, September 16, 2010

Conflict-Free Diamonds, Beatiful and Pure...

Today is my bestie's birthday, and I've been thinking very hard about what to get her on her special day. I was searching online for eco-friendly jewelry and found Brilliant Earth and to my surprise they only sell diamonds that are conflict free!

Blood diamonds are very controversial because they are mined in war zones like Africa, and are sold to finance war related activities. Sometimes beautiful things come with a price, and so purchasing non-conflict diamonds ensures that no one was hurt or harmed in the process.  A total win-win situation!

Brilliant Earth was created by a couple, Beth Gerstein and Eric Grossberg, through a marriage proposal, the fiance was looking for conflict-free diamonds for the engagement ring, and found it very difficult. Their mission is to use socially and ethically mined gems, and environmentally responsible gold and platinum. As they say, essentially providing luxury with a conscience!


My other bestie is getting married soon, and she opted to get an artist designed ring than rather that investing in diamond ring, her reasons for that was that diamonds were dirty. And I can totally respect her views, and so when I stumbled onto this website, I was instantly drawn to it.

So for anyone that loves diamond jewelry as I do, take a look at Brilliant Earth, and make your contribution in supporting conflict free jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment